Do you love making art and stories that create a lasting impression on the viewers like how Disney and Pixar movies do? We get it! Animation has a profound effect on its audience and regardless of age, everybody loves them! And Bangalore has some of the best animation training institutes in Bangalore.
Do you dream of bringing your imagination and creativity alive on the screens? Make that dream a reality and get started at one of these best animation colleges in Bangalore!
The animation is one of the most lucrative careers and also the most loved. Given the scope and freedom for creativity and exposure, animation has piqued interest in many youths to take it up as a profession. The industry is advancing at a fast pace and more consumers are demanding high quality in gaming, movies, graphics, etc. With great skills in animation and VFX, you can land a good job that’ll love and that pays well!
Note – The fees mentioned here might be subject to change and are just an estimation. For a detailed fee structure, please contact the respective institute.
AID – Asian Institute of Design
AID was the first of its kind to offer UG and PG programs in animation and game programming when it opened the college opened its doors in 2008. It’s a highly acclaimed design institution in Bangalore with several career-oriented courses offered.
The infrastructure provided at the Asian Institution of Design is amazing and makes the learning process so much fun and fruitful. There are fully-furnished, technology-equipped digital classrooms, computer labs, animation & VFX labs, recreational space and, you’ll love this – a gaming room where the students can relax and play games.
The faculty of AID are experts in their niche, professionals who have worked for reputed companies and share their knowledge and experience with students to nurture their talents. Given the institution’s reputation and pedagogy, it is considered as the best animation training institutes in Bangalore.
The animation course at AID focuses on the basics, how to implement the elements in a scene, how to create commercial animation clips, how to create animation for movies, landscapes for video games, and more.
- Where – No. 41, Murugeshpalya, Old Airport Road, Opposite Kemp fort Mall, Bangalore
- Course – Professional diploma in Animation. AID provides scholarship programs and placement assistance.
- Fee – Approximately 1-2 lakhs per year
- Reviews – “The environment was so good that you wouldn’t wanna leave this place. I was there for two years and had one of the best experiences ever!” – Omomi Fanai
Pearl Academy has garnered a great reputation and has produced students who have graduated as fully-fledged professionals having exhibited their works on international shows and conferences. Since 1993, Pearl Academy has been providing exceptional education in fashion design, graphics & communication, interior design, animation, and many more.
The academy has highly experienced faculty both from within and outside the country. Occasionally, international guest faculties teach too. The academy has well-equipped classrooms, spacious labs for fashion design, interior design, graphics & communication, animation, and more. Students highly benefit from the diverse faculty and their experience in the industry.
In the animation & VFX course, students will learn how to tell a story by creating engaging characters and environments by using technical tools and software effectively. The four-year course includes both practicals and theory in 2D, 3D simulation and modeling, best practices in animation design, and develop the skills to design a prototype for animation projects.
The curriculum is well-advanced and the achievements of the students speak for the quality of the education provided at the pearl academy.
- Where – Pearl Academy, No.31, Residency Road, Next to Opera House, Opposite to the Gateway Hotel. Bengaluru- 560025
- Course – UG course in Animation & VFX
- Fee – Approximately around 2 lacs for 1 semester
- Reviews – 4.8
Pixelloid is not actually a college, rather they are an award-winning 3D Animation and Visual Effects Studio & is also a leading animation training institutions in Bangalore. They have worked for many Tollywood movies like Dhruva and for Bollywood movies like Manikarnika, where most of the movie set constitutes visual effects made by the studio. The effects are absolutely brilliant and real, almost hard to distinguish from the real elements in the movies.
Learning at Pixelloid can be a great and rewarding experience where you’ll be learning with industry experts who have worked on movies and other huge projects. They follow a modular approach in training the students so that they are prepared to work on the most challenging projects in the future.
Most students who completed their courses here have been placed in MNCs, at the studio too, and other big organizations. Learning animation at Pixelloid studios can get you a headstart in building your animation career. They provide the best 3D animation course and VFX courses in Bangalore.
- Where – 22, 3rd Floor, Vasavi plaza 11th Main Road, 4th Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore, Karnataka, India – 560 011
- Course – 3D animation essentials and 3D advanced animation course with a duration of 4 months each
- Fee – Around 2 lacs
- Reviews – “I have completed my 3D animation course at pixelloid. Pixelloid Studio is such an incredible place where we can explore and understand our skills and are passionate about our career. Journey of 3D animation course with Pixelloid academy is awesome. This institute really understands the importance of working people. Placement record is also good here, Thank u pixelloid.” – Bindu
Centre for Creative Arts & Design (Jain college)
Jain universities are quite popular and hold a good reputation as well, ranked among the top in the country. Thousands of students flock to their colleges every year. Any Jain college you go to, they guarantee 90% placement assistance to the students and some of them have been placed well in big companies. Their values and outlook towards life combined with the best talents of the faculty make Jain colleges different from the others.
The Jain Animation school in Bangalore provides practical education in design – Animation, VFX, game design, graphic design, advertising, photography, and UI/UX. The infrastructure of the 300 acres CCAD campus constitutes spacious classrooms, IT and library facilities, transportation facilities, laboratories for design, and hostel facilities. (they also have 2 awesome swimming pools!). These facilities make learning a lot more engaging and fun for the students.
- Where – 44/4, 3rd Floor, JGI Knowledge Campus, District Fund Road Behind Big Bazaar, Jayanagar 9th block, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560069
- Course – UG programs in Animation & VFX Masters programs in Animation & VFX
- Fee – Approximately 1.2 lakhs for one year
- Reviews – I am a student of Jain animation school (VED) AND HERE’S WHAT I THINK ABOUT THE INSTITUTE – they have the best faculty when compared to any other similar institutions. (Far better than any). They are very friendly to the students, they are very supportive, we are frequently asked for feedback, flexible with their way of teaching. – Kishan Rajpurohit.
Launched by the Bollywood actress, Neha Dupia, CREO valley in Bangalore in 2013, CREO valley are a recognized institution and an excellent one in the field of creative education. The institution is recognized by Qualifications and Assessments International (QAI), the UK for its excellence. CREO is associated with LISAA, France, a well-known design institution that also has its branch in Bangalore.
The institution has been regarded as the best for education in film and television. Their curriculum has been awarded by the Bangalore University. If you’re looking to major in more than one field apart from animation, then CREO valley might be the choice for you. The Bachelor’s degree in animation & film making combines technical, practical, theoretical, and critical coursework.
Post the completion of the course and graduation, students are given a wide range of career options and placement assistance to help them get a headstart in their careers. You would be graduating with a dual degree in animation and film making, which is a plus point as it opens many more doors than just a specialization degree or a certificate.
- Where – Police Station, 30, Hosur Rd, opposite Adugodi, Mahalingeshwara Layout, Chikku Lakshmaiah Layout, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560030
- Course – BSc in Animation & VFX
- Fee -Approximately around 2 lakhs
- Reviews – 4.1
NICC – National Institute of Creative Communication
A member-affiliate of ELIA – European League of Institutes of the Arts, Amsterdam, Holland, NICC provides international UG/PG Diplomas which are part of its Twinning Programs that follows International Curricula defined by The Bologna Convention. At NICC, you get dual certifications for UG twinning and PG masters programs.
The institution is a member of the World Design Organisation – WDO, which not many institutions in India are a part of.
At NICC, they hold a limited number of students in each classroom, giving maximum individual attention to each of them. The campus is fully equipped with prototyping laboratories, auditorium, art studio, digital design laboratories, 3D rendering and editing labs, photo-studio and a library. With these facilities, students engage deeply in their projects with fellow students and learn a lot from using the equipment and individual attention.
NICC graduates earn a starting salary of 5-9 lakhs. Pretty good start, right? It’s because their International Professional Diploma + Degree provides practical job-specific training & portfolio development.
- Where – 30 and 31, 5th Cross, Hennur Gardens, Kalyan Nagar, near Hennur Bande, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560043
- Course – BSc in Animation & VFX
- Fee -Approximately 1.9 lakhs of total fees
- Reviews – “Excellent Institute! Not only is their method of teaching different but also the curriculum is framed on highly updated industry standards unlike most institutes where focus is only on theoretical aspects and dated practices. Individual attention is something you will never miss if you join this place. It’s the few best animation training institutes in Bangalore.” – ” – Gautami Gupta
Koshys Animation and Media school
A unit of Koshys Group of Institution, KAMS is a premier institute for education in the creative arts industry. Koshys Group of Institution was commenced in 2003 while KAMS emerged in 2020. Though a recent establishment, KAMS has won the best Debut Animation & Media School in Bangalore by Times CyberMedia for their quality and deliverance in the educational industry with international standards.
The infrastructure of the campus has –
- 3D labs with powerful graphics rendering technologies
- 2D labs equipped with lightboxes
- Green screen studio for VFX
- Recording studio
- Computer labs
- Audiovisual classroom
The degree program in animation and multimedia covers classical animation and principles, image manipulation, matte painting, fundamentals of 2D digital animation, photoshop, the art of cinema, sound editing, 3D animation, 3D modeling, rendering, and more. The course also introduces motion graphics, VFX, and photography. The diverse modules in their animation course make them one of the best animation institutes in Bangalore.
- Where – Hebron Tower 9, Battarahalli Rd, Sanna Kammanahalli, Battarahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560049
- Course – BSc in Animation & VFX Diploma program in 2D animation, 3D, VFX and concept art
- Fee -Approximately 4.8 lakhs for 4 years.
- Reviews -“Initial I thought it’s a new institute but later I understood it as one of the best animation centre in bangalore” – Ruby Raj
Picasso animation college
Picasso Animation College in Bangalore was established in 2009, founded by Mr. Rittesh Beotra with the vision of bringing in the global standards of the animation industry to India and providing highly experienced animation professionals to the studio. To run this at a fast pace, Picasso Animation College has implemented international standards & practices and set up international alliances.
The institution has been awarded the “Best College for Graphics, Animation and Film Making Courses in India” by Worldwide Achievers – Asia Education Leadership Awards & Summit – 2016.
It’s a B.Sc animation animation training institute in Bangalore that provides bachelor courses in animation and certificate courses in animation, multimedia, game art & design, VFX, and more. The college provides the most opportune environment for the students while they work on multiple projects and master various aspects of Animation & Film Making.
- Where -Orchid 629, 14th Cross, 1st Main Rd, 13th Cross Rd, Domlur I Stage, 1st Stage, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560071
- Course – BSc in Animation & VFX Diploma in 3D animation MSc in animation
- Fee -Around 2.5-3 lacs
- Reviews -4.5
Giving utmost importance to high-standard career-driven education, Cavalier animation college is an emerging animation college in Bangalore. Cavalier, a fully-equipped institute has spacious computer labs, 2D animation labs, a library, a VFX lab, a green room lab, and about 10 classrooms. The educational curriculum at Cavalier balances practicals and theories in the interest of the students.
The faculty members have a track record in their respective fields and are also successful in grooming the students for internships and job opportunities. The animation course at Cavalier is affiliated with Mysore University and focuses on both practical and theoretical knowledge of framing, compositing, and visual effects.
- Where -Cavalier Tower, #56-04, DR Bendre Layout, Gubbi Cross, Opp Decathlon, Kothanur PO, Bangalore – 560077
- Course – BSc in Animation & VFX
- Fee -NA
Reviews -“Excellent platform for career development. Good infrastructure and clean surroundings. Encourages in developing skills and talents without compromise in discipline.” – Ashwini Krishnan.
Are you ready to venture out and start a new, exciting chapter in your career? Animation, as it said before, is a highly lucrative career with a lot of job satisfaction returned. All the years of hard work, planning and execution will pay off when you see your work out there bringing joy to the viewers. Just be crystal clear about what you want to do and who you want to be and just work hard towards it. Let’s bring on the creativity! It all starts at one of these animation training institute in Bangalore